Find a HVAC Profesional in Walker, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Walker, Louisiana. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Walker, Louisiana
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Walker, Louisiana. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to hire the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.