Find a Profesional in Thibodaux, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When during the year is good for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a better time for services.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
How much is the rate for most roofing contractors per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the estimated time required for constructing a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
When should my roof be inspected?
Many roofing professionals advise getting biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Thibodaux, Louisiana
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Thibodaux, Louisiana. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.