Find a Profesional in Robert, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good time for roofing jobs?
No matter what season it is, you can contact a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What do most roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the typical period of time to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist can estimate the hours for the job.
When is a roof inspection required?
Most roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Robert, LA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Robert, LA. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.