Find a HVAC Profesional in Port Allen, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Port Allen, Louisiana. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Port Allen, Louisiana
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Port Allen, Louisiana. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free option to hire the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our app.