Find a HVAC Profesional in New Iberia, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really stall the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in New Iberia, LA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in New Iberia, LA. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.