Find a HVAC Profesional in Natalbany, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Natalbany, LA
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Natalbany, LA, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.