Find a Profesional in Mandeville, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I book an appointment to have roofing contractors come out?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the typical cost per square foot for roofing services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will vary with the products that are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time needed for building a replacement roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
At which point should I consider having an inspection done for my roof?
Most roofing professionals advise getting biannual roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Mandeville, LA
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Mandeville, LA. Our user-friendly site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to hire the best contractors for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.