Find a HVAC Profesional in Lake Charles, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Louisiana // Lake Charles
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Lake Charles, Louisiana
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lake Charles, Louisiana, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing contractors you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient solution to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.