Find Window Air Conditioner Repair in Kenner, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Window Air Conditioner Repair Professionals nearWindow Air Conditioner Repair // Louisiana // Kenner
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR
What considerations should guide me in hiring a contractor to fix my window air conditioner?
It will be best to do your research before choosing a window air conditioner repair contractor to ensure you get the most for your money. No matter if you're looking for regularly scheduled maintenance or a one-time repair near Kenner, Louisiana, check for these key factors from the agency or contractor:
- Experience - There are many makes and models of window air conditioners available, and some have different systems and components. Always check that the contractor you're considering has experience working with your specific brand of unit before hiring.
- Certification - You should verify that the contractor has the proper accreditation to conduct repairs in Kenner, Louisiana and any training certificates.
- Guarantees - Your appliance might have a warranty from the manufacturer, so ask your contractor about calculating that in the cost of repairs. Picking a contractor who provides warranties on their work will give you confidence.
- Business Hours - Routine business times aren't always convenient when it comes to cooling and heating your residence. You may find window air conditioner repair professionals who offer on-call services in the event your machine goes down over the weekend and holidays.
- References - Most dependable contractors will provide references from past customers vouching for their skills and services. Look at their online reviews to get a sense for how efficiently the contractor provides quality repairs and customer satisfaction.
How will you know when your window air conditioner requires repairs?
You shouldn't wait until your window air conditioner goes out to find repair services near Kenner, Louisiana. Evaluate your machine for any of these common issues to know whether calling in an expert is warranted:
- Age - The average window air conditioner can last ten years, though regular repairs can stretch its lifespan to 15 years. Consider employing an expert to conduct preventive maintenance if your appliance is near its prime, especially if you notice any performance issues.
- Odd Sounds - It's normal for a window air conditioner to make a little whistling or humming sounds as it powers on, but any loud screeches, pops, or grinding sounds are concerning.
- Bad Smells - Any burning or mildew smells emanating from the window air conditioner as it runs could be a sign it should be repaired. Wiring issues are a fire hazard, while mold is a danger to indoor air quality.
- Increased Electric Bills - A faulty window air conditioner may be drawing more power than is usual when functioning correctly. Hire an expert to repair the unit if you notice your bill going up more than expected whenever your unit runs.
How often do window air conditioners usually need cleaning or repairs?
Hopefully, you purchased a highly-rated window air conditioner, which should last about ten years before needing to be replaced. In the meantime, preventive maintenance and repairs are ideally performed once or twice a year to keep it operating properly and gives the longest life possible.
The ideal time to have your window air conditioner serviced in Kenner, Louisiana is in the spring before you need it to operate in the summer, and once in the fall before the heating feature is necessary for the winter. Other than repairs, an expert can safely disassemble the unit if necessary to clean its parts before more issues occur. Cleaning the interior of the machine is the only way to inhibit mold from growing that may affect your health. Any dirt and debris that falls into the unit could also diminish overall performance if not removed.
Window air conditioner repairs are generally affordable and enables you to preserve your investment as long as possible before buying a new unit is absolutely necessary. You may even get discount prices if you hire a professional for scheduled repair and cleaning services on an annual basis. Vet repair specialists on the Thumbtack platform and find one who matches your budget and needs.
Should I consider adding freon to my window air conditioner for more efficient cooling?
Your window air conditioner is probably a closed refrigerant system that shouldn't need recharging with freon at all throughout its lifespan. If it did need recharging, it typically means there is a leak in the unit, and you need a professional to handle the job. If the unit is not cooling properly, follow these recommended troubleshooting steps to help you understand if the issue is related to low freon or something more likely:
- Inspect for Leaks - Check for grease spots on or beneath the machine and a musty or sweet smell. Freon is often imperceptible to the eyes and nose in the event of a leak, but a big one might leave a detectable residue.
- Clean or Replace Filter - The manufacturer of your specific window air conditioner provides instructions on how to clean or replace the filter, which, when dirty or clogged, will impact the unit's performance.
- Inspect the Coils - The machine has evaporator or condenser coils that also must be kept clean to ensure it functions efficiently.
- Check Ventilation - The condenser behind the appliance needs enough airflow to function correctly. Make sure that nothing is blocking the circulation, such as shrubs or furniture, and clear them if so.
If you have little experience carrying out these troubleshooting measures or are overwhelmed doing them alone, consider hiring an expert to do it all for you. A window air conditioner repair expert near Kenner, Louisiana will be able to determine if one of these issues may be impacting its performance or if leaking freon is indeed the culprit. An experienced contractor can also tell if the leak is the result of a faulty machine, potentially saving you money if it is still under warranty.
Preserve Your Window Air Conditioner With Repair Contractors on Thumbtack
Expert window air conditioner repair contractors near Kenner, Louisiana are standing by to be discovered on Thumbtack. Repairing your portable HVAC system can be cost-efficient if it's no more than ten years old and the repairs don't cost more than purchasing a new model. With the high price you should expect to pay for a good window air conditioner and the affordable rates provided by repair professionals, you'll be doing many favors for your wallet and the comfort of your home's occupants by scheduling a service date as soon as possible.
Window air conditioners are self-contained cooling machines made to be installed in a window or a specially constructed opening in the wall. These machines are commonly used to cool single rooms or small spaces and are popular for home and business settings. Much more affordable than installing central air, a window unit can effectively cool and heat a room any time of year. It's common for some parts to finally fail from constant use, though scheduling regular maintenance from a contractor to clean and inspect the unit in the spring and fall will help ensure yours stays working when you need it most.
No matter if you're looking for regularly scheduled maintenance or repairs when issues come up, an expert repair professional will have the tools and training to do the task quickly. Contractors providing AC repair will be certified to work with regulated chemicals like freon used in self-contained cooling systems. An expert will also possess the experience repairing the many intricate components within these units and can even clean them to prolong its lifespan. Factors to look for when choosing a contractor to do your window air conditioner repairs include industry certification, client reviews, business hours, and cost. All this valuable information and more is compiled on Thumbtack so you can effortlessly and reliably maintain one of your home's most critical systems.