Find a HVAC Profesional in Jeanerette, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Louisiana // Jeanerette
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Jeanerette, LA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Jeanerette, LA. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to help. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Jeanerette, LA. Find the perfect contractor for your home right away.