Find a HVAC Profesional in Gibson, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so fundamental for you is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Gibson, LA. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Gibson, LA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Gibson, LA. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.