Find a HVAC in Franklinton, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Franklinton, LouisianaSearch Results // Louisiana // Franklinton
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
At which season should I book services with a roofer?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the regular rate per square foot that roofers charge?
Roofing services can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Franklinton, LA. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which time is best to get my roof evaluated?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Franklinton, LA
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Franklinton, LA. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free option to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.