Find a Profesional in Ethel, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is good for a roof job?
Despite what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the usual rate roofers charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time required for building a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Ethel, LA. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the job.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofing contractors suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Ethel, LA
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Ethel, LA. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.