Find a HVAC Profesional in Clinton, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this can really stall the job. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Clinton, LA
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Clinton, LA. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs to be attended to. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional roofers available to assist. With our powerful app, you can get the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Clinton, LA. Find the right contractor for your home now.