Find a HVAC in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is the best time to get my roof evaluated?
Many roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
What is the standard cost charged by roofers for a roof replacement project?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
When is the ideal season for a roofing project?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time for services.
Many roofers are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Baton Rouge, LA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Baton Rouge, LA. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for your project.
Our platform also compiles a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.