Find a Profesional in Basile, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How do roofing experts normally price their services for roof replacement?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate cost for repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the common rate per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Services for your roof can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will vary depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the estimated time needed for building a new roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Basile, LA
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Basile, LA. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Basile, LA. Find the right contractor for your house right away.