Find a Profesional in Alexandria, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When during the year is ideal for a roofing project?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a popular time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What is the common price per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products being used and the labor. Of course, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the normal duration for a roof replacement?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can come up with a timeline for the project.
When is the best time to get a roof inspection?
Most roofers suggest biannual inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Alexandria, Louisiana
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Alexandria, Louisiana, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.