Find a HVAC Profesional in Stanton, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Stanton, Kentucky. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Stanton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Stanton, Kentucky
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Stanton, Kentucky, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.