Find Window Air Conditioner Repair in Somerset, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Window Air Conditioner Repair Professionals nearWindow Air Conditioner Repair // Kentucky // Somerset
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR
Do window air conditioners have to be replenished with refrigerant?
Your window air conditioner is probably a closed refrigerant system that shouldn't need replenishing with freon anytime throughout its service life. If it does ever need to be recharged, it usually is a sign of a leak in the unit, and you need a professional to take care of the repairs. If the unit is not cooling correctly, follow these recommended troubleshooting steps to help you understand if the issue is related to low freon or something more common:
- Inspect for Leaks - Check for greasy spots on or beneath the unit and a musty or sweet smell. Freon is often imperceptible to the eyes and nose in the event of a leak, but a big one may leave a detectable residue.
- Clean or Replace Filter - The maker of your specific window air conditioner provides instructions on how to clean or replace the filter, which, when dirty or clogged, will impact the unit's performance.
- Inspect the Coils - The machine contains evaporator or condenser coils that also should be kept clean to ensure it operates efficiently.
- Check Ventilation - The condenser behind the window air conditioner requires enough airflow to work. Ensure that nothing obstructs circulation, like vegetation or other materials, and remove them if so.
If you have little experience performing these troubleshooting measures or feel overwhelmed doing them yourself, consider enlisting a contractor to do it all for you. A window air conditioner repair expert in Somerset, KY can establish if one of these problems may be affecting its performance or if leaking freon is indeed the culprit. An experienced contractor can also tell if the leak is the result of a faulty unit, possibly getting you a refund if the manufacturer offers a warranty.
Are the advantages of fixing a window air conditioner worth the associated costs?
Putting in whole-home air conditioning will cost a lot of money around Somerset, KY and isn't an option for people renting or with financial constraints. A cost-efficient substitute is window air conditioning units, but even these will cost hundreds of dollars. Buying new units will be more costly than repairs, making it a worthwhile choice in the long run.
Choosing to fix your window air conditioners rather than replacing them may be based on your long-term goals. If you plan to install a whole-home HVAC system in your property, repairing existing window units might be a necessary short-term solution. But window air conditioners also have advantages over other HVAC systems, like better energy efficiency, portability, and being able to operate as supplemental cooling or heating with central air. Consider your requirements and goals and compare them to the cost of repairs offered by contractors on Thumbtack to figure out if they will be acceptable.
How can I find the right contractor for fixing my window air conditioner?
It will be best to do your due diligence when selecting a window air conditioner repair contractor to ensure you get the highest quality services for your money. No matter if you're looking for regularly scheduled maintenance or a one-time repair near Somerset, KY, check for these key features from the agency or contractor:
- Experience - There are hundreds of types of window air conditioners on the market, and some have different systems and components. Always ensure the contractor you're considering has experience working with your specific brand of unit before hiring.
- Certification - You can verify that the contractor has the proper accreditation to conduct repairs in Somerset, KY and any HVAC certifications.
- Guarantees - Your window air conditioner might be under warranty from the maker, so ask your contractor about including that in the cost of the service. Hiring a contractor that offers warranties on their labor will give you confidence.
- Business Hours - Normal business times aren't always ideal for effectively cooling and heating your residence. You may find window air conditioner repair technicians who provide on-call services in case your machine goes down over the weekend and holidays.
- References - Most reliable contractors will have references from previous clients confirming their skills and services. Check for online reviews to get a sense for how efficiently the contractor provides quality repairs and customer satisfaction.
What is the most common problem on window air conditioning units?
You don't have to wait until your window air conditioner stops working to look for repair services in Somerset, KY. Inspect your machine for any of these common problems to know whether calling in an expert is warranted:
- Age - The typical window air conditioner can last a decade, though scheduled repairs can increase its service life to 15 years. Consider hiring a contractor to perform preventive maintenance if your appliance is nearing its prime, especially if you notice any performance problems.
- Strange Noises - It's normal for a window air conditioner to make a little whistling or humming sounds as it powers on, but any loud screeches, pops, or grinding noises are concerning.
- Bad Smells - Any acrid or moldy smells coming from the window air conditioner as it runs could be a sign it should be cleaned and fixed. Wiring issues are a fire hazard, and mold might be behind the mildew smell and be a detriment to your health.
- Increased Electric Bills - A damaged window air conditioner might be using more power than is usual when functioning correctly. Turn to a contractor to repair the unit if your electric bills increase more than expected whenever your appliance runs.
Choose a Contractor Suiting Your Budget and Schedule for Window Air Conditioner Repairs in Somerset, KY on Thumbtack
Professional window air conditioner repair contractors near Somerset, KY are standing by to be discovered on Thumbtack. Repairing your portable HVAC system will be cost-efficient if it's no more than ten years old and the repairs don't exceed the cost of purchasing a new one. With the high price you should expect to pay for a quality window air conditioner and the affordable rates provided by repair professionals, you'll be doing many favors for your finances and the comfort of your home's occupants by scheduling a service appointment right away.
Window air conditioners are closed cooling units designed to be put in a window or a specially constructed opening in the wall. These units are commonly used to cool individual rooms or small spaces and are popular for home and business applications. Much more affordable than installing whole-home air conditioning, a window unit will effectively cool and heat a space any season of the year. It's common for some components to eventually fail from heavy use, though scheduling regular maintenance from a contractor to clean and inspect the unit in the spring and fall will help ensure yours stays working when you need it most.
No matter if you want regularly scheduled maintenance or repairs whenever problems come up, an expert repair person will have the tools and experience to do the job quickly. Contractors specializing in HVAC repair will be licensed to work with regulated substances like refrigerant used in closed cooling systems. A contractor will also possess the experience repairing the many complex parts within these units and will even clean them to stretch their service life. Things to look for when selecting a contractor to do your window air conditioner repairs include professional certification, customer reviews, business hours, and cost. Similar information and more can be found on Thumbtack so you can effortlessly and confidently maintain one of your home's most essential systems.