Find a HVAC Profesional in Salyersville, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Salyersville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Salyersville, Kentucky
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Salyersville, Kentucky. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.