Find a HVAC Profesional in Phelps, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Phelps, KY. Poor weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Phelps
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Phelps, KY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Phelps, KY. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Phelps, KY. Get the premium roofing services you need for your house right away.