Find a Profesional in Petersburg, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the normal cost charged by roofing experts for a replacement job?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What should I budget for rooftop repair expenses?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the typical price per square foot that roofers charge?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Petersburg, Kentucky. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Petersburg, Kentucky
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Petersburg, Kentucky, there's a convenient way to find them. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.