Find Window Air Conditioner Repair in Owensboro, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Window Air Conditioner Repair Professionals nearWindow Air Conditioner Repair // Kentucky // Owensboro
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT WINDOW AIR CONDITIONER REPAIR
Does it make financial sense to invest in repairs for a window air conditioner?
Putting in whole-home air conditioning will cost thousands of dollars around Owensboro, KY and isn't an option for those renting or with a tight budget. A cost-efficient alternative are window air conditioning machines, but even these can cost hundreds of dollars. Replacing these machines will be more expensive than repairs, making it a smart investment in the long run.
Opting to fix your window air conditioners versus replacing them could come down to your long-term plans. If you plan to put a whole-home HVAC system in your property, maintaining existing window units might be a necessary short-term solution. But window air conditioners also have benefits over other HVAC systems, including energy efficiency, portability, and being able to operate as supplemental cooling or heating with central air. Evaluate your requirements and goals and weigh them against the price of repair services offered by technicians on Thumbtack to figure out if they will be worthwhile.
What are some important considerations when choosing a window air conditioner repair contractor?
It would be best to do your due diligence when choosing a window air conditioner repair professional to ensure you get the highest quality services for your money. Whether you're searching for regularly scheduled maintenance or a one-off repair in Owensboro, KY, check for these key features from the agency or contractor:
- Experience - There are several makes and models of window air conditioners on the market, and some have different systems and components. Always make sure the professional you're considering has experience working with your specific make and model by asking them upfront.
- Certification - You should verify that the technician has the proper accreditation to do repairs in Owensboro, KY and any HVAC certifications.
- Guarantees - Your window air conditioner may be under warranty from the manufacturer, so ask your contractor about including that in the price of repairs. Hiring a professional who provides warranties on their labor will bring you added peace of mind.
- Business Hours - Routine business times aren't always ideal when it comes to cooling and heating your home. You may find window air conditioner repair contractors who provide on-call services in the event your unit goes down over the weekend and holidays.
- References - Most proven repair professionals will have references from previous customers confirming their skills and professionalism. Look at their online reviews to get a sense for how effectively the technician delivers quality repairs and customer satisfaction.
What issue is generally the most common in window air conditioners?
You don't have to wait for the moment your window air conditioner goes out to find repair services near Owensboro, KY. Troubleshoot your unit for any of these common issues to decide if calling in a professional is warranted:
- Age - The average window air conditioner should last a decade, though regular repairs can stretch its service life to 15 years. Consider hiring an expert to conduct preventive maintenance if your window air conditioner is near its prime, particularly if you notice any performance issues.
- Strange Sounds - It's normal for a window air conditioner to make a little whistling or humming noises as it turns on, but any loud screeches, pops, or grinding sounds are concerning.
- Bad Smells - Any burning or moldy smells emanating from the window air conditioner as it operates could be a sign it needs to be repaired. Wiring issues are a fire hazard, while mold is a detriment to indoor air quality.
- Increased Electric Bills - A damaged window air conditioner might be using more power than is usual when functioning correctly. Hire an expert to repair the unit if your electric bills increase more than usual whenever your appliance runs.
What part of a window air conditioner is often the most expensive to fix?
The most expensive repairs on a window air conditioner varies by the specific brand of the appliance and the nature of the problem. A few of the most expensive parts to repair or replace as reported by residents around Owensboro, KY include:
- Compressor - The compressor is a crucial component that helps move freon and improves its energy efficiency.
- Condenser Coil - The condenser coil, found on the outside part of the appliance, expels heat absorbed by the evaporator coil to finish the heat cycle.
- Electronic Control Board: This board is responsible for operating many functions of the unit, including the thermostat and fan.
- Motor - The fan motor is typically integrated with many complex parts of the appliance to help with functions like heat exchange, circulation, condensing, and evaporation.
- Freon Leak Recharge - If there's a freon leak, the cost of repairing it and recharging could add up. Keep in mind that refrigerants are regulated substances needing specialized training and equipment to handle.
You should note that the decision to fix or replace a window air conditioner depends on things like the age of the appliance, the scope of the damage, and price. If your window air conditioner is less than ten years old, investing in any of these repairs will usually be more cost-efficient than buying a new one.
Keep Up Your Window Air Conditioner With Repair Professionals on Thumbtack
Reliable window air conditioner repair contractors in Owensboro, KY are waiting to be found on Thumbtack. Fixing your portable HVAC unit can be cost-effective if it's no more than ten years old and any repairs don't cost more than buying a new one. With the high price you should expect to pay for a good window air conditioner and the affordable rates provided by repair professionals, you'll be doing a lot of favors for your finances and the comfort of your home's occupants by scheduling a service appointment as soon as possible.
Window air conditioners are self-contained cooling machines designed to be placed in a window or a specially designed opening in the wall. These machines are commonly used to cool individual rooms or small spaces and are popular for residential and commercial environments. Much more affordable than installing central air, a window unit can effectively cool and heat a room any time of year. It's common for some parts to finally break down under heavy use, though scheduling regular maintenance from a professional to clean and repair the unit in the spring and fall will help ensure yours stays working when it's needed most.
Whether you want regularly scheduled maintenance or repairs whenever issues arise, an expert repair professional will have the tools and training to do the task quickly. Contractors providing HVAC repair will be licensed to work with regulated chemicals like refrigerant used in self-contained cooling systems. An expert will also possess the experience repairing the many intricate parts within these units and can even clean them to prolong their service life. Factors to look for when picking a contractor to do your window air conditioner repairs include industry certification, customer reviews, business hours, and price. All this valuable information and more is compiled on Thumbtack to help you conveniently and confidently maintain one of your home's most critical systems.