Find a HVAC Profesional in Olive Hill, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Olive Hill
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Olive Hill, KY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Olive Hill, KY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.