Find a HVAC Profesional in Morning View, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Morning View, KY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Morning View, KY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Morning View, KY. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.