Find a Profesional in Loretto, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Loretto, Kentucky. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
At which point should I consider having a roof inspection conducted?
Many roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How do roofers typically price their services for a replacement?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
How much does it cost to fix the roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave them to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a roofer and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Loretto, Kentucky
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Loretto, Kentucky. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.