Find a HVAC Profesional in Lexington, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a house is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really delay the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Lexington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Lexington, Kentucky
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Lexington, Kentucky. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right professional for your project.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.