Find a HVAC Profesional in Lewisburg, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Lewisburg, Kentucky. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Lewisburg, Kentucky
When you need roofing maintenance services in Lewisburg, Kentucky, there's no better way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of qualified roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.