Find a HVAC Profesional in Lebanon Junction, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Lebanon Junction, Kentucky. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Lebanon Junction, Kentucky
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Lebanon Junction, Kentucky. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to hire the right companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.