Find a HVAC Profesional in Lancaster, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Lancaster
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Lancaster, Kentucky
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Lancaster, Kentucky. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to find the best professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.