Find a HVAC Profesional in Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Hopkinsville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Hopkinsville, Kentucky
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Hopkinsville, Kentucky. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.