Find a HVAC Profesional in Fountain Run, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Fountain Run, KY
When you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Fountain Run, KY, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient solution to hire the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.