Find a HVAC Profesional in Fort Thomas, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Fort Thomas, Kentucky
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Fort Thomas, Kentucky. Our streamlined app is easy to navigate, so you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for the job.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.