Find a HVAC Profesional in Fort Knox, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Fort Knox, KY
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Fort Knox, KY. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Our site also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.