Find a HVAC Profesional in Fairdale, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in Fairdale, Kentucky. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this is going to postpone the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Fairdale, Kentucky
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Fairdale, Kentucky, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.