Find a HVAC Profesional in Drakesboro, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really delay the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Drakesboro
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Drakesboro, KY
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Drakesboro, KY. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.