Find a HVAC Profesional in Burnside, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Burnside
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Burnside, KY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Burnside, KY. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our app.