Find a HVAC Profesional in Buckner, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Buckner, KY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Buckner, KY. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can get quality roofing maintenance services in Buckner, KY. Find the perfect contractor for your house today.