Find a Profesional in Auburn, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the correct occasion to schedule an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What should I expect to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the expected cost for roof maintenance services?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about your safety, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Major repairs do require experience and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Which is the best time to get your roof serviced?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time to call a roofer.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Auburn, KY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance companies in Auburn, KY. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free solution to hire the right companies for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.