Find a HVAC in Lansing, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which time of the year should I schedule an appointment for my roofing project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a good time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time for an appointment.
Many roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
How much is the rate for most roofing professionals per square foot?
Roofing services can cost around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will differ with the products that are being used for your project.
What is the usual period of time to rebuild a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Lansing, IL. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer can approximate the hours for the job.
When is the best time to arrange for a roof inspection?
Most roofers suggest biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not having an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Lansing, IL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Lansing, IL. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient way to find the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.