Find a HVAC Profesional in Hinsdale, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home delights anyone. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Hinsdale
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Hinsdale, IL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Hinsdale, IL. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs attention at once. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.