Find a HVAC Profesional in Highland Park, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Highland Park, Illinois. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Highland Park
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Highland Park, Illinois
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Highland Park, Illinois, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts featured on our site have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
No one should deal with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to assist. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Highland Park, Illinois. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.