Find a Profesional in Harvard, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
During which time of the year should I book an appointment for my roofing project?
No matter what season it is, you can contact a roofer for roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to call a roofer.
Many roofers have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
What is the rate for most roofing contractors per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost factor will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time needed for building a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in Harvard, Illinois. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofing contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roof inspection?
Many roofers advise getting biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Harvard, Illinois
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Harvard, Illinois. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Apart from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free way to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.