Find a HVAC Profesional in Grayslake, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so essential is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Grayslake
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Grayslake, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Grayslake, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy option to find the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.