Find a HVAC Profesional in Grant Park, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your property, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Grant Park, IL
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Grant Park, IL. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through dozens of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and find the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.