Find a HVAC Profesional in Granite City, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an essential part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Granite City, Illinois
If you need roofing maintenance services in Granite City, Illinois, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.