Find a HVAC Profesional in Glenarm, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Glenarm, IL
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Glenarm, IL, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.