Find a Profesional in Galena, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Fireplace and Chimney Installation ProfessionalsFireplace and Chimney Installation // Illinois // Galena
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Galena, IllinoisSearch Results // Illinois // Galena
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When should I book an appointment to have roofers come out?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can approximately $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe to restore a roof?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in Galena, Illinois. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
When should my roof be inspected?
The majority of roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since routine check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Galena, Illinois
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Galena, Illinois. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional roofers ready to assist. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Galena, Illinois. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your house now.