Find a Profesional in Freeburg, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the perfect season for a roofing project?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the average cost per square foot for roofing services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Of course, the overall cost will differ with the products that are being used for the job.
What is the usual duration for a roof rebuild?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a damper on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
What is the appropriate occasion to book a roof inspection?
Most roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Freeburg, Illinois
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Freeburg, Illinois. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.