Find a HVAC Profesional in Fox River Grove, Illinois
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Fox River Grove, IL. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 HVAC Professionals nearHome // Illinois // Fox River Grove
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Fox River Grove, IL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Fox River Grove, IL. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, so you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to help. With our streamlined app, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Fox River Grove, IL. Get the premium roofing services you need for your property now.